Viva Coco is best associated with the premium quality of coconut products. The motto we – use at VivaCoco – is: „nature at its best, in its purest form, right into your household”.
We were born in Asia, in Kerala -India, a state also known as “the Land of God”. Here, the best coconuts on earth can be found, given that the sun and rain, combined with the soil which is rich in minerals have joined efforts in feeding and supporting the growth of the coconut tree – Kalpa Vriksha (the tree of life), which stands out through its own identity, value and prosperity.
In Kerala, the Land of God”, professionals grow coconut crops by organic farming and the copra (dried coconut kernels from which oil is obtained) is the first step in creating the perfect coconut oil. The state-of-the-art technology in use guarantees that all the properties of the coconut are preserved.
The coconut oil may be used in various fields:
- Food Industry
Given that it is a natural product, the coconut oil is the essential ingredient of premium baby oil, haircare oils, haircare boosters, hair cleaning products, shower gels, shampoos, massage oils, shaving foams and gels, thanks to its following properties:
- It is extremely skin-friendly and it is mainly used in the manufacturing of premium baby oils;
- Due to its high glycerin contents, it is the most widely-used raw material in the beauty/cosmetics industry;
- It is an efficient moisturizer, with enhanced cleaning properties, very suitable in the detergent industry;
- Used regularly for massage purposes, it makes the skin smooth and silky, due to its germicidal and antimicrobial properties;
- It is an excellent base for hair care oil;
- It provides the hair roots with nutrients and thus helps the hair regenerate;
- Both the fatty acids and the proteins coconut oil contains manage to keep dandruff and scalp diseases away, while strenghtening the hair;
- Coconut oil consists of saturated fats (90%), Vitamin E, Vitamin K and of a significant amount of Iron, as well;
- It is an efficient exfoliate;
- It soothes irritations (is is highly recommended to apply coconut oil after epilation/waxing due to its antibacterial properties and also due to its high contents of fatty acids which soothe minor irritations ).
Given that it is a natural product with a long history record in Indian books – Vedas (Ayurveda) – as Kalpavriksha (tree of life) oil, the coconut oil is an exquisite, organic-origin oil, with a raw, tasty, edible flavour.
Some of the benefits of coconut oil the Ayurveda postulates are:
- Coconut oil is saturated, stable and biodegradable;
- Coconut oil is highly oxidative stable and therefore, it is widely used for longer shelf-life foods.
- Coconut oil is ideal for deep frying, due to its actual heat transfer properties;
- Used regularly for massage purposes, coconut oil makes the skin smooth and silky, due to its germicidal and antimicrobial properties;
- Coconut oil is an excellent base for hair care oil and very suitable for shampooing;
- It strengthens the hair and prevents split ends;
- Used on a regular basis, coconut oil can perform miracles for the skin and fights the first signs of wrinkles;
- It fights irritations, even itches and softens redness and sun blotches;
- Using warm, soothing coconut oil before going to bed helps you rest better. Sleep is adamant for your healthcare and provides the body with the time required for recovering and healing. Without enough sleep, we age prematurely.
- Coconut oil consists of derived fatty acids (betaine, ethanolamide, ethoxylates, fatty esters, fatty polysorbates, monoglycerides and polyol esters), fatty alcohol derivatives, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and minerals (the most significant is Iron).
- Coconut oil contains saturated fatty acids: medium chain triglycerides which the body quickly assimilates (lauric acid, capric acid, caprylic acid, myristic and palmitic acid).
- The human body uses lauric acid in order to produce monolaurin, a special substance that helps the system to fight viruses and bacteria that cause various conditions (such as herpes simplex, influenza, cytomegalovirus, HIV, Listeria, Helicobacter pylori, Giardia lamblia etc.).
It is precisely due to these major health benefits that coconut is so widely used in the Ayurveda practices – the Indians’ traditional medicine system.
Ayurveda or Ayurvedic Medicine is the Indian medical knowledge system, originating in the sacred Vedic texts (c.a. 3900 B.C.- c.a 1500 B.C.) and whose principles are implemented in what we nowadays call alternative therapies.
Traditional Ayurveda is a 5,000-year-old alternative medicine practice with historical roots in Ancient India, based on a set of mind-body convictions. It is considered that the cause of all disease consists of imbalances or stress in the individual’s conscience.
Virgin coconut oil is deemed a miraculous organic food, 100 % natural and with low contents in natural carbohydrates. It works as a dietary supplement for a healthy lifestyle, which is highly recommended by wellness experts worldwide, based on scientific research and clinical trials. Globally, virgin coconut oil is the most wanted nutraceutical product by top wellness companies, due to its high contents in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
For a long time, people considered that the coconut oil we now call miracle-food, was bad for our health, because of its high contents in saturated fatty acids – roughly 90%. The secret of virgin, organic coconut oil is the fact that it consists of medium chain fatty acids (also known as medium chain triglycerides), which our body processes differently and thus actually benefitting from it.
When we ingest this oil, the fatty acids go straight into the liver, which immediately turns them into energy. This is one of the main benefits which has coconut oil stand out from the other oils and fats that once ingested in our bodies, circulate throughout the entire blood flow before reaching the liver and that our bodies stores as fats.
Any nutrition expert shall recommend coconut oil products to you, since they present absolutely miraculous properties for your body, either for a food diet or for skincare treatment, tonification or hydration. It is a well established fact that these coconut oil products present miraculous properties and bring incredibly-visible benefits to those using them. Coconut oil has no food additives, no substances that are harmful or damaging for the immune system and no food preservatives. This is why this is a wonderful product to be used in the kitchen. You may use it for cooking purposes, to fry food, to prepare deserts and you can enjoy it at all times, since it does not make you fat, on the contrary, actually helps with adjusting cholesterol levels and strengthening your immune system.
Translated by: Liviana Teodorescu